Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Marston, MO - 7/8/09

All I know is, somebody doesn't have his act together and it's not me. After waiting five hours to get unloaded this morning, I was dispatched to my next load. You know, the load that has to be picked up by 12:30 (it's noon and I'm 2.5 hours away), that was supposed to be picked up yesterday, and has to be in Wisconsin by 9am tomorrow. I guess my dispatcher was just trying to start my day with a little humor. After explaining that no part of that equation was possible, I was told to go anyway. "Hopefully the shipper will load you" and "the receiver is flexible, just let me know when you think you'll get there" was what I got. Alright.

"You gotta be kidding" was the first thing the guy at the warehouse said to me before I even spoke. Hey man, I just go where they tell me. He eventually agreed to load me anyway. Sweet. After putting two rolls of paper on the trailer, he came out to the truck and said, "I can't load you with all that powder in the trailer. This is food grade paper and if it's contaminated, the receiver will reject the load." Huh?

Seems someone somewhere spilled a flour-like powder in the trailer and didn't bother to clean it up. I offered to sweep it out, but apparently even that wouldn't remove enough of it to be considered clean. He basically wanted the trailer washed out. And that's about when I got taken off that load.

After that sidetrip, it was on to Cherokee to pickup a load to Missouri. You know, the load that's supposed to deliver tomorrow morning. Not going to happen. The appointment was changed to noon. Still not going to happen. Guess they're just hoping the receiver will unload me after hours. And why not? If they want their stuff bad enough, they should unload me whenever I get there, right? Alas, that's not always the case. Guess we'll find out tomorrow afternoon.

1 comment:

Bindy said...

I am beginning to think that your dispatcher is doing drugs on the job??