Sunday, July 5, 2009

Forest Park, GA - 7/5/09

I didn't notice any fireworks at the truckstop last night; I went to bed. I left west Georgia this morning and headed to Cherokee for a drop and hook.

Of course, dropping was not so simple. And for that matter, neither was the hook. Before entering the facility, the tandems must be slid all the way back. Sometimes, like today, the locking pins get in a bind and wont release when you try to pull the handle. Dealing with that took about twenty minutes of pulling forward to try to release the pressure on the pins, getting out of the truck, walking to the back of the trailer, pulling the the handle (too far - still stuck), getting back in the truck, backing up, too far, pulling forward...over and over and over. Finally, I had moved the truck just right and was able to slide the tandems. And now the locking pins won't pop back out. Well too bad; I'm not dealing with it. I dropped the trailer and that was that. Until karma got the better of me.

The trailer I picked up had a flat tire. This is the second time in as many weeks I've picked up a trailer with a flat. I had to deal with that. I went up the road to a local truckstop and the tire was repaired within the hour for a mere $35. Hmm, no wonder the company would rather repair a tire than replace it.

I'm at the receiver now and they start unloading at 12:30am, so I better try to get a some sleep before they knock on my door.

No comments: