Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Knoxville, TN - 7/15/09

I finally made it out of Wisconsin Monday afternoon. I was dispatched to southern Wisconsin to pick-up a load to Tennessee. Surprise, the load wasn't ready. After finally getting the load at 7am Tuesday, I stopped to scale and was overweight on my steer tires, yet strangely underweight on my drives and tandems. Back to the shipper. Eventually I was given a different, lighter load. Back to the scales. This time I was overweight on my tandems. Nice. Fortunately, I was able to fix it.

I delivered in Tennessee today and picked-up a load to North Carolina. Well, I didn't so much deliver as I dropped the trailer at the receiver, as my dispatcher specifically instructed. After leaving and going a few miles down the road to eat lunch at the truckstop, I was told "Oops, nevermind. You need to drop the trailer at the truckstop." Alright. With that out of the way, I eventually got back on the road. I'm supposed to deliver in Shallotte, NC tomorrow and I'm really hoping hometime is in the near future.

No comments: