Thursday, July 23, 2009

Janesville, WI - 7/23/09

Unless anything changes between now and tomorrow morning, I have picked-up my final load. I'm set to deliver in Stevens Point tomorrow
morning and then head to the yard to turn in the truck. On more than one occasion today, I've felt it necessary to remind myself that soon I'll be getting paid for ALL the work I do, not just the miles I drive, in addition to being home every day, having weekends off, and plenty of paid holidays and vacation - and it's even a job I'll enjoy! Yessir, things are looking up.

I made my delivery this morning and had to hang out for an hour or so before I received my final pre-plan: a load from Chicago to Wisconsin. I guess I couldn't finish things up without getting caught-up in Chicago construction and traffic. I escaped unscathed, fortunately; it couldve been much worse if I actually had to go downtown.

With any luck, I'll be able to hitch a ride heading south with another driver within the next day or two. Without any luck, I'll be on a very long bus ride or a very expensive flight. Let's hope Lady Luck is feeling generous.